Banana Bread & A Special Friend

>> Friday, September 13, 2013

One of my favorite desserts/snacks/breakfasts/lunch AND dinners (yes, I've had it for dinner before) is banana bread. Not just any banana bread, but my great-grandmother "Momow" Alice Blaisdells recipe. Seriously guys, this stuff is amazing. Best homemade banana bread, EVER.
Cody has never really cared for bananas, but he raves about this bread & it disappears very quickly in our home when it's made. It has been a favorite to many bellies for many years in my family, and I am privileged to carry on that tradition into my little family :-)
I have also yet to mess it up.... which is really saying something :-) It's truly amazing what happens when you simply follow a recipe. I'll be sharing it soon, so be sure to come back and check it out!

~


Hmmm. Just out of the oven. I couldn't wait to cut into it!

Nothing like the smell of warm, fresh bread...

Nothing like the taste of it, either! So yummy :)

♥
It was a delicious treat after a long day.

But, the treat didn't end there...
My dear friend, JeanMarie, called asking if we would be near Pier1 Imports in the near future. She said there was something special waiting for me there, and that all I needed to do was pick it up! Ever shopped or just walked into at Pier1? Well, if you haven't, you're missing out. Just go do it, you won't be sorry.
Needless to say, I was really excited & intrigued to find out what she had been up to. Sneaky friend :)
 So, after writing down the confirmation number (which I later forgot at home & had to call her to get it again... pregnancy brain -.-), we headed out the door for a family adventure.

Jean is such a sweet, loving, honest, giving person and we love her dearly <3 She has blessed our family in more ways than one. It's the little things, like taking the time to listen to a broken heart, or making you laugh until you cry, or driving an hour just to bring you Nutella and help organize your pantry. You know, the things real friends do. She will always put a smile on your face :-) And she put a huge smile on mine last night!
When the sales lady handed me this plate and wonderfully huge mug, I just about died...

LOOK HOW CUTE IT IS!!!

I am blessed beyond measure. 

Thank you, Jean!!! I love you. And I loved getting this surprise! You are too sweet <3

5 comments:

Shannon September 13, 2013 at 6:17 PM  

Hmmm... that bread looks simply delicious! {And that Jean Marie... what are we to do with her! :) She's such a precious gift from the Lord ♥.}
*hugs*
Shannon

Jo September 13, 2013 at 6:46 PM  

So glad you started a blog!

The plate & cup are so sweet, just like their giver. And I love banana bread but the sweetest thing on this post is that sweet baby boy!!! He could warm any heart!

Love you guys!!!

blog September 15, 2013 at 8:17 PM  

yay! You're blogging! :D I'm going to enjoy keeping up with you here.

Such a sweet post, Tricia! <3

Jean Marie September 18, 2013 at 1:56 PM  

Oh my. So I was away from the internet over this past weekend, and now I've been without internet, and may I please just say - that I am the one who is so blessed. I really wanted to cry, reading your special and sweet words to me. And honestly, I probably should have checked the size dimensions on the cup. hahaha.

I love you, Sassy Pants. I love being with you, talking to you, and loving on your sweet babies.
So glad the blog is finally up and running.....after driving us both insane and to the point of hysterical tears.

~ Jean Marie

Emily October 1, 2013 at 2:26 AM  

I JUST saw this! Loved it!
And, um, delicious, is all I have to say about the bread.